Do you have a strong religious faith and are struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol? Fort Lauderdale Hospital offers a Christian-based treatment track for individuals looking for a spiritually guided detox and rehab program. Using a combination of traditional drug and alcohol rehab along with a spiritual approach to recovery, Fort Lauderdale Hospital can […]
Although there is not a definitive profile for a suicidal teenager, the statistics on youth suicide do suggest that there is a pattern of behavior among adolescents that experience suicidal thoughts.
- Suicide ranks as the third leading cause of death for ages 15-24 and fourth for ages 10-14.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death for college-aged youth.
- In the past 40 years, youth suicide rates have almost tripled. Between 1980 and 1996, suicide rates for ages 10 to 14 increased by over 100%.
- More teenagers and young adults have died of suicide than from cancer, heart disease, AIDS, birth defects, stroke, pneumonia and influenza, and chronic lung disease combined.
Some warning signs of adolescents that might display suicidal tendencies:
- Talking about suicide
- Obsession with death
- Out of character behavior
- Giving prized possessions away
Fort Lauderdale Hospital is licensed and accredited by the following:
- State of Florida
- Certified by Broward County
- “The Joint Commission” or TJC
We accept Medicare and most other private insurances and have reasonable self-pay rates. For more information call 800-585-7527.